Views
Helpful
Replies

Diference of IOS in APs 1242AG

cisco-guy13
Beginner
Beginner

Hello guys,

What is the difrerence between these 2 IOS, this is because one client wants this IOS: 12.3(11)JA4 or later, and our APs have this one : 12.4(21a)JA1

there is any problem with the part of JA4 vs JA1 ??.. the series of the APs are 1240..

I changed the IOS 12.3(11)JA4 (by the fault in the AP) by 12.4(21a)JA1(required by the client or later), and when I boot the AP it shows me the next error:

NO_FIRMWARE: Interface Dot11Radio0, no radio firmware file (flash:6701.img) was found

NO_FIRMWARE: Interface Dot11Radio1, no radio firmware file (flash:6701.img) was found

THAT´S THE MAIN REASON THAT I NEED TO KNOW IF 12.4(21a)JA1 IS SUPERIOR TO 12.3(11)JA4

THNK YOU SO MUCH.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

NO_FIRMWARE: Interface Dot11Radio0, no radio firmware file (flash:6701.img) was found
NO_FIRMWARE: Interface Dot11Radio1, no radio firmware file (flash:6701.img) was found

Let me guess ... when you upgraded the IOS you just copied the BIN file didn't you?  The radios read a different filename (6701.img) found in a sub-directory.  I'm suspecting that that sub-directory or file is also missing or not the same "version" as the IOS.

Upgrade the IOS using the "archive download-sw" or "archive tar /x" commands from a TAR file.

View solution in original post

Maithri B
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

12.4(21a)JA1 is a much newer release compared to 12.3(11)JA4.

Regards,

Maithri

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Let me guess ... when you upgraded the IOS you just copied the BIN file didn't you?  The radios read a different filename (6701.img) found in a sub-directory.  I'm suspecting that that sub-directory or file is also missing or not the same "version" as the IOS.

Upgrade the IOS using the "archive download-sw" or "archive tar /x" commands from a TAR file.

Maithri B
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

12.4(21a)JA1 is a much newer release compared to 12.3(11)JA4.

Regards,

Maithri

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: