Views
Helpful
Replies

diffrent between H-reap and FlexConnect

omer shtivi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I would like to know the diffrence between FlexConnect and H-reap.

It's look the same to me what is the diffrent?

Thanks,

Omer Shtivi

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I would like to know the diffrence between FlexConnect and H-reap.

FlexConnect is a marketing name for H-REAP.

Both terms mean the same thing. 

Thanks!

martyn.rees
Level 4
Level 4

H-REAP becomes flexconnect when you are running version 7 or higher of the WLC software.

martyn.rees wrote:

H-REAP becomes flexconnect when you are running version 7 or higher of the WLC software.

When running 7.2 you mean. With 7.0 the name is still HREAP.

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers, that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

Well that was the confusing part..... When the WLC7500 came out, that required 7.0, the term FlexConnect started to seen.  It wasn't til the 7.2 came out that the configurations from h-reap to FlexConnect changed.  I like the old name:)

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes Scott. You got it. The term is born with WLC7500 independent from the exact code version. +5.

You want to say "Thank you"?
Don't. Just rate the useful answers,
that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"

We have planned AIR-CT5508-100-K9 to purchase.

We want FlexConnect apply with LAP1262N APs.

I've read that Flex Connect is supported on WLC software from version 7

My question is: is this software included with AIR-CT5508-100-K9 or should we buy this software apart?

What are the software requirements both AP and WLC to configure FlexConnect?

Thanks?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can request what software you want when purchased. If the wlc does not come with the code you want to use, you can always upgrade or even downgrade the code yourself for free. You need to have a smart net contract or since you have purchased the 5508, have the seller add this product to your devices tied to your CCO account.

Here is the requirement for FlexConnect

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.2/configuration/guide/cg_flexconnect.html#wp1241304

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Your WLC probably will ship with 7.3 code but 7.0.116.0 is required.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your answer.

I have taked IOS software of Software Release 7.3 (with Smartnet). Do I have true version for FlexConnect?

Because according to datasheet, i have to take controller software 7.0.116.0 and later releases,

In the controller software 7.0.116.0 and later releases, this functionality has been enhanced and the connection between the clients and the FlexConnect access points are maintained intact and the clients experience seamless connectivity.

KndRgds.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: