Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable 802.11a

TGF_Cisco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We are having 5508 controller with Lightweight access points 1142, IS it possible to disable 802.11a on certain access points before turning it off completely on the controllers?? Could you provide steps for doing so on WCS?

Thanks

Krithika

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You're looking at the b/g/n there and not the a/n.  But the option is Admin Status.  Uncheck the box to disable the radio.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes it is possible.  In the AP config, you should have the option to enable/disable the radio on a per AP basis.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi

This is what I see under the Config AP .  I dont seem to pick up where I could disable radio per AP basis here.

Could you please clarify?

thanks again

You're looking at the b/g/n there and not the a/n.  But the option is Admin Status.  Uncheck the box to disable the radio.

Steve

HTH,
Steve

That worked! Thank you very much..

I did that on one of our APs and will turn off 802.11a eventually on controllers.

Hi Stephen,

is saw this post regarding the disabling of the radio per AP, but when i have disabled the raidio i cannot turn it back on. It is saying "Error in enabling Admin Status"

How can i change this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: