cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Disable DHCP Proxy per WLAN - WLC v7.2

Khoa Pham
Level 1
Level 1

I have a DHCP server on a WLAN that does not support Cisco's native proxy mode. I need to use DHCP bridge mode for that WLAN only.

How do I disable DHCP Proxy and switch to DHCP bridge mode for one WLAN ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The command to disable DHCP proxy is a system wide command it's either enabled or disabled. You can't toggle it per WLAN. If you are using external servers disabling proxy isn't an issue so long as you have the ip helper configured at L3.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hello Stephen.

How is this behaviour in 7.5? It's weird because in the individual interfaces you might change the value, but it doesn't get accepted. So it still seems that it's a global setting... but then: why showing this item to be changed on each interface?

Kind regards,

Flavio.

hello Flavio,

can you please clarify more on "it doesnt get accepted" since it should work per interface on the new releases.

have you disabled it globally then enabled it on the required interfaces?

Hello Yahya,

I didn't change anything with 7.5

So are you telling me that it has to be disabled globally and then enabled on the desired interfaces? Or should it also work the other way round (globally enabled, disabled on interface-basis)?

Kind regards,

Flavio.

Hi,

you can do it the way you want, i tested in lab, and no errors appeared when the global is on/off while changing the interface proxy.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card