cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DISCONNECT PROBLEM WITH BR350 and 350 series PCI ADATORS

dubcom
Level 1
Level 1

I have a BR350 with about 50 wireless clients linked with wireless PCI Adoptors. Both are CISCO devices. Lately i have been experiencing a lot of disconnects, especially at peak periods. Disconnects occurs radomly, however the clients that get into the network first tends stay on more than others.

I have tried various solutions to the problem but no luck, i have installed a second bridge at the base station but it did not help. The bridges were plugged to the same switch, i am not sure there is limit switch in this case. I have also upgraded the two bridges to the current firmware version.

Any suggestion or idea on possible solution will be very helpfull.

Thanks,

Amaechi.

2 Replies 2

derwin
Level 5
Level 5

At the times of disconnects do you see a lot of CRC errors or hold offs ?

It could be either congestion or interference or both.

Thanks for the reply. I agree with you, it has to be a congestion problem 'cos it never happened until the number of links exceeded 40. If it is a congestion problem, how can it be resolved. I have setup two 350 bridges, hoping it will take care of it, but there is still few disconnects taking place.

Your time and effort is highly appreciated.

Amaechi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: