cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DMZ Mobility Anchors Configuration

FrankZ49
Level 1
Level 1

We have a few foreign controllers and two guest anchor controllers in DMZ for guest users. In the foreign controllers, guest SSID was configured with the two DMZ controllers as mobility anchors. My question is that in the two DMZ guest anchor controllers themselves, should I configure the guest SSID’s mobility anchors as local and the other guest controller, or just as local? Currently I added both local and the other guest controller as mobility anchors. It seems working fine.

Thank you in advance for answering my question.

Frank

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Good question ..

1. Make sure both the foreign and anchors are in the same mobility group and the mac address and ip addresses are shared

2. Anchor the guest wlan on the foreign to the anchor

3. On the anchor controller anchor the guest wlan to itself (local)

Which its sounds lke thats what you did .. If you didnt it wouldnt work

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

Misconfigurations in the mobility anchor configuration. Check that the DMZ is configured itself as the Mobility anchor and the internal WLCs have the DMZ WLC configured as the Mobility anchor. For more information on how to configure the Mobility anchor, refer to the Configuring Auto- Anchor Mobility section of Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide, Release 7.0. This would result in guest users unable to pass the traffic.

Hope this will help you.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card