Views
Helpful
Replies

DNA SPACES move maps around

Jan Loop
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

We have a dna Space installation, and the get the data previously  from CMX, and now through SPace connector, so a part of our maps, is in a sub folder

Company

location1

location2

from CMX

location a

location b

location3

ect

I would like to move Location a, directly under location 3, is that possible , i can't find any information, and i fear if i delete the map under "fromcmx" , and the reimport it, i will loose the data

Can anyone that tell me , if it possible, and if guide me

3 Replies 3

Grendizer
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This can be done from Location Hierarchy (LH), you can simply delete that location (location a), once you delete it then upload the same map file again and go back to LH and you will see it there in the main page (not under any parent location)

If you don’t see it you can simply refresh the page or delete the cache (I see problems sometimes when doing that from Google Chrome so I prefer Firefox when doing that)

Once you see it in LH then you can go to the top level and choose “Edit Group” and choose that new location to include it. (if you can’t see the new location as available location after clicking Edit Group that’s mean you need to go up one level and so on until you see it in one of the top levels)

Keep repeating the above step until you place this location under the parent location you need.

If there are rules associated with this location (location a) or portals, then you will not be able to delete them until you remove them.

When deleting a location you will get this warning: Deleting this location will remove all child locations underneath this location and will erase all analytics data associated and its child location(s)

Jan Loop
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks

but then i loose my current data, for the last year, , 
i did try to delete one of my site, but when I imported it again, it went back in the same subfolder

If you don’t update the Location Hierarchy (delete then add as explained above) then nothing will be changed in LH even if you import the same map/site with changes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card