Views
Helpful
Replies

Does CMX supports direct connect HA?

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts,

MSE (8.0) has a clear documentation stating that it supports HA in both " Network Connected and Direct Connected" modes.

For CMX (10.x), I could not find any documentation stating whether it support "Direct connected" HA. Not sure if "Network Connect" HA is the only option in CMX and the second Ethernet port will remain unused. 

Would appreciate if someone could please clarify.

1. Network Connected MSE HA (one which uses the network)

2. Direct Connect configuration (one which makes use of a direct cable connection between the Primary and Secondary MSE servers.)

4 Replies 4

Hi

You can refer to the doc as below:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/availability/high-availability/213664-configure-cmx-high-availability.html
Pre-requisites for HA
Both the primary and the secondary server should be of the same size and the same type (VM or physical appliance).

Both the primary and the secondary server should have the same Cisco CMX version.

Both the primary and the secondary server should be connected on the same subnet.

Both the primary and the secondary server should be connected on the same subnet if Layer 2 HA is required.

Both the primary and the secondary server should be IP connected with delay of less then 250ms if Layer 3 HA is used

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/mse/10-5/cmx_config/b_cg_cmx105/managing_cisco_cmx_system_settings.html#concept_88FD92666F8140A980280E009C45152F

and i think CMX support direct connect for HA.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

Hi Moments,

Thanks for your valuable time in responding to the query. 

Apologies, still I could not find it from the document shared on any document available for CMX that it supports "direct connect" HA.

Hi Moments,

Thanks for your valuable time in responding to the query. 

Apologies, still I could not find it from the document shared on any document available for CMX that it supports "direct connect" HA.

On MSE HA info (gethainfo), we have a specific field "Direct Connect Used", while on CMX HA info (cmxha info), could not find any such info. 

Appears Network HA is the only option in CMX and not the direct connect HA.

CMX versus MSE direct connectivity.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card