cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dot11-Phone Mode (7920) : Invalid

IT-LDI
Level 1
Level 1

I see that the Dot11-Phone Mode for out 7920 phones is showing that it's invalid. We are having some troubles with our wireless phones registering at times and wondering if this is related to the issue. I did find some documentation on this and wondering if there are some things that need to be set.

I'm thinking that the may be the older 7920's so I notice that QBSS CAC needs to be configured.

Step 1 Determine the ID number of the WLAN to which you want to add QBSS support by entering this command:
show wlan summary
Step 2 Disable the WLAN by entering this command:
config wlan disable wlan_id
Step 3 Configure WMM mode for 7921 phones and other devices that meet the WMM standard by entering this command:
config wlan wmm {disabled | allowed | required} wlan_id
where
• disabled disables WMM mode on the WLAN.
• allowed allows client devices to use WMM on the WLAN.
• required requires client devices to use WMM. Devices that do not support WMM cannot join the WLAN.
Step 4 Enable or disable 7920 support mode for phones that require client-controlled CAC by entering this command:

config wlan 7920-support client-cac-limit {enable | disable} wlan_id
Note You cannot enable both WMM mode and client-controlled CAC mode on the same WLAN.
Step 5 Enable or disable 7920 support mode for phones that require access point-controlled CAC by entering this command:
config wlan 7920-support ap-cac-limit {enable | disable} wlan_id
Step 6 Reenable the WLAN by entering this command:

config wlan enable wlan_id
Step 7 Save your changes by entering this command:
save config
Step 8 Verify that the WLAN is enabled and the Dot11-Phone Mode (7920) text box is configured for compact mode by entering
this command:
show wlan wlan_id

Should I configure this on all my switches that connect to the AP's?

Thank you,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

pieterh
VIP
VIP

1) the command are meant to improve voice quality by implementing QoS (prioritizing voice traffic), not to solve phone registration issues

2) the commands you refer to are WLC (controller) settings, not switch configuration commands

-> no do not execute on all switches

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

pieterh
VIP
VIP

1) the command are meant to improve voice quality by implementing QoS (prioritizing voice traffic), not to solve phone registration issues

2) the commands you refer to are WLC (controller) settings, not switch configuration commands

-> no do not execute on all switches

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card