cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

downgrading from LWAPP to an Automous system

dbakopanos
Level 1
Level 1

I tried to follow the usual documents to try to get AP downgraded by there are some commands missing from the IOS that I currently have on the system.

"flash:/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx/c1130-rcvk9w8-mx"

LWAPP image version 3.0.51.0

the following commands are not available

debug lwapp console cli

archieve download-sw /force-reload /overwrite tftp://10.0.0.1/c1130-k9w7-tar.124-25d.JA.tar

are there any documents to assist me with older IOS versions?

17 Replies 17

dbakopanos
Level 1
Level 1

update:

after trying to reset the 1131AG and try to boot from my ubuntu box (connected via a 3560), the AP couldn't download the IOS after the reset. I tried to create a DHCP scope on the switch and then created a routed interface on the interface fa0/7 which connects the AP. reset the AP and I still couldn't get the node to get an IP address. then I moved the IOS tar.default onto the flash of the switch. enabled the tftp server on 10.0.0.2, pointed teh tftp server to the appropriate files and still I can't get the unit to load the files I want. I ran a debug on the AP and saw that it was sending out a 255.255.255.255 broadcast to find the tftp server and the connection timed out. what am I missing here to finally get the proper load onto the access point? I don't have a power injector adpater so i could try the crossover cable method.

but my Ubuntu (linux) distribution was running aftp and the AP was not able to reach the server. I placed the files on the switch that is providing power to the AP and enabled a TFTP server and the AP was not able to read the files...

Can you post the entire output from the AP?

What is the IP address of your client, the ubuntu client?

Can your TFTP server support large file sizes like TFTPd32 can?

I gave up on my Ubuntu providing the files to the AP, so I moved the files to the 3560 switch and now the AP is getting a DHCP address from the Switch at 10.0.0.1. below is when I reset the switch by holding down the mode button. The one thing that sticks out to me is the fact when I press the "Esc" key to break out of the boot process, it continues to boot

Initializing ethernet port 0...

Reset ethernet port 0...

Reset done!

ethernet link up, 100 mbps, full-duplex

Ethernet port 0 initialized: link is up

button pressed for 20 seconds

process_config_recovery: set IP address and config to default 10.0.0.1

process_config_recovery: image recovery

image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9wt

examining image...

%Error opening (connection timed out)Loading "flash:/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2/#

File "flash:/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2" uncompressed an0

executing...

SW-1#sh run | in dhcp

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.0.0.2

ip dhcp pool AP_test

SW-1#sh run | in dhcp|network

ip dhcp excluded-address 10.0.0.2

ip dhcp pool AP_test

network 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0

SW-1#

SW-1#sh run | i tftp

ip tftp source-interface FastEthernet0/7

tftp-server flash:c1130-k9w7-tar.default

SW-1#

Dude,

Why are you making it complicated?

1.  DO NOT SET DHCP on anything (i.  e.  client and/or AP) as based on the link I've posted earlier.

2.  Your client should be have an IP address of "10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.30" as based on the link I've posted earlier.

This is my favorite proceedure because it was written by someone who's aim was to make the procees EASY.  Please do not re-invent the wheel.

Okay fair enough, but why would it not read the file from the tftp-server I setup on the switch?

Warm Regards,

Dimitri Bakopanos

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

but why would it not read the file from the tftp-server I setup on the switch?

Good question.

1.  APs running LWAP/CAPWAP IOS have VERY, VERY LIMITED commands.  IF you want to use the setup you've got (DHCP) then you need a controller.

2.  If you don't have the controller, then use the "Mode" button proceedure. 

Exactly, so I disabled my DHCP server on the switch and the AP still can't find the file on the switch.

Warm Regards,

Dimitri Bakopanos

T - 647-788-9239 | F - 647-837-9503 | TFREE - 1-877-507-7516

Telus | The future is friendly

Please consider the environment before printing this email.

Exactly, so I disabled my DHCP server on the switch

What VLAN is the AP connected on?

What IP address is this VLAN?

None, I just configued the a routed port with an IP address of 10.0.0.2 and created a simple static route of 10.0.0.0 255.255.255.0 fa0/7

Wow.  It wasn't meant to be like that complicated.

Let's make it simple.

Configure a VLAN with an IP address of 10.0.0.2/8

Put the port where the AP is on THAT VLAN.

No routing.  Na da.

Try that.

I tried that earlier in the day, that is why I tried to go with a routed solution. When I had my Ubuntu server on fa0/8, I grouped the two interfaces into the same vlan 5 and the results were the same. I just completed your suggestion and ran debug tftp events/packet and all I saw was one line in the logs for a request for the server on port 1024 and a hex code after that. Each time I keep getting the error message from the AP 'Error timeout'

process_config_recovery: image recovery

image_recovery: Download default IOS tar image tftp://255.255.255.255/c1130-k9wt

examining image...

%Error opening (connection timed out)Loading "flash:/c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2/#

Now, I tried to issue an escape sequence by ctrlaltbreak, ctrl+break, and the Esc key to stop the boot sequence. The question I ask is how do you change the settings for the line image recovery:

(connection timed out)

Means that the AP can't reach the TFTP server.

Can your TFTP server support 32mb file size?

What is the filename called?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card