cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dropped clients and Load threshold violation

nh6we
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone tell me if a load threshold violation can lead to dropped clients.  Is this error message just a notice or does the controller drop clients after reaching the threshold value.

Thanks

Chris

5 Replies 5

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it is my understand no. its just an alert that it is at or over the threshold ..

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

nh6we
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the info.  Any ideas why I would be getting a load violation and having dropped clients?

The issue just started.  I did not have dropped clients in the past.

Thanks

Can you do a show wlan for me and post the results.

Do you have load balance enabled ?

‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

George,

Did you get the image files I just sent?

Thanks

Chris

Ravi Singh
Level 7
Level 7

No it will not drop the connection because Threshold just triggers an alarm to notify the administrator that you configured limit of threshold is over.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card