Views
Helpful
Replies

Dual-band radios ap CAP1702i-E-K9 Blank

faouzi
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I would like to enable dual-band on my APs, but they don't appear in dual-band radios.

what should be done to see them in dual band here is the model my ap in picture

Thanks for your help

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

this AP supports 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, you can see AP under 802.11a/n/ac and 802.11b/g/n. this AP don't have flexi radios.

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

The 1702 has dedicated 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.  They are not dual-band radios.  They do not support Flexible Radio Assignment.

The documentation clearly states: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_RRM_White_Paper/b_RRM_White_Paper_chapter_01000.html

"Cisco's Flexible Radio Architecture is a new feature introduced in 8.2MR1 to take advantage of the hardware released in the Cisco AP 3800/2800"

1702 belongs to the previous generation of Wave 1 AC access points.  The feature was only introduced later in the Wave 2 access points.

Expanding the FRA capable AP's (AP's with XOR radio)

• Air4800 series
  • Catalyst 9120
  • Catalyst 9130

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- By default 2Ghz and 5Ghz should be available.

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

faouzi
Level 1
Level 1

yes they are available,
but I want to see them in dual-band radios in order to activate
Flexible Radio Assignment

Hi,

this AP supports 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, you can see AP under 802.11a/n/ac and 802.11b/g/n. this AP don't have flexi radios.

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

The 1702 has dedicated 2.4GHz and 5GHz radios.  They are not dual-band radios.  They do not support Flexible Radio Assignment.

The documentation clearly states: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_RRM_White_Paper/b_RRM_White_Paper_chapter_01000.html

"Cisco's Flexible Radio Architecture is a new feature introduced in 8.2MR1 to take advantage of the hardware released in the Cisco AP 3800/2800"

1702 belongs to the previous generation of Wave 1 AC access points.  The feature was only introduced later in the Wave 2 access points.

Expanding the FRA capable AP's (AP's with XOR radio)

• Air4800 series
  • Catalyst 9120
  • Catalyst 9130
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card