cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Enable Controller management to be accessible from wireless clients

jmanzur1683
Level 1
Level 1

This Option  "Enable Controller management to be accessible from wireless clients" in the WLC doesn't work. When I uncheck this option the wireless clients can open the manament of the WLC.

Somebody knows why this option doesn't work?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Proxy will get you  every time ! LOL

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When I uncheck this option the wireless clients can open the manament of the WLC.

Can or Can't?  If it's CAN then it's a known bug in the 5.X firmware.  Upgrade to 7.X and it'll fix the issue.

Yes, the clients can. And I have the version 7.0.98.0.

You have more than 1 controller?

If so, I suspect your problem is becuase your users are hitting this from APs joined to other controllers. Let me explain.

When you uncheck enable controller over wirelss, this ONLY pertains to access points that are attached to this controller. IF a user is attached to say an AP which is joined to controller 2, this user can hit the managment IP of controller 1. Make sense?

btw -- Just tested it here ... works on 7.0.98.0

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

btw -- Just tested it here ... works on 7.0.98.0

Nuts.  They broke it again.

LOL... i dont think it ever worked ... Did it ? Isnt it suppose to BLOCK all controllers?

I worked ... before.

really ... ive spent my time on 4.2, a little on 6 and now 7 ... I havent seen it work to date ... LOL

to be honest I thought this was normal function !

Jorge,

I did a blog post for ya on this subject ...

http://www.my80211.com/home/2011/3/6/wlc-management-via-wireless-did-you-know.html

There is only one WLC. But now I see that the wireless clients are using proxy in the web browser.

Proxy will get you  every time ! LOL