Helpful
Replies

error:ap is not associated to the controller

bluesea2010
Level 5
Level 5

Hi

Cisco Prime    3.0.0.0.78

wlc 5760 , when clicking on AP, giving the  "error:ap is not associated to the controller "

Please help 

12 Replies 12

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Reboot the AP , just after boot connect to it and issue show logging , watch for errors if any.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 

Sorry it is not on the wlc , its on the cisco prime 

Thanks

- The intend of my initial reply is to check if the ap can really join the controller or not (?)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Hi @marce1000 

Yes ap's are joined in the controller 

- Make sure the controller-model and software version is compatible with this Prime version : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-0/supported/devices/pi30-supported-devices-list.xlsx

M.

Hi @marce1000 

What if I delete the wlc and add it again ,

Do I need to do anything before deleting the device? 

What is the impact of deleting and adding again ,does it delete the map also ?

Thanks

>What if I delete the wlc and add it again ,

You may try that , not sure if it will resolve the original issue ,  there probably will be no impact on the maps. But your Prime version is very old , I would advice to upgrade to a recent version of Cisco Prime.

M.

Hi @marce1000 

I just want to confirm before deleting from prime  , it will not remove any configuration from wlc (I know it is a dumb question   

Thanks

It won't. M.

Hi @marce1000 

When I am trying to delete the device it is asking me  "do you want to delete the ap's associated to this device "

What should I choose? 

If I choose yes/no   what will happen  

Thanks

- My fundamental reply is that you are on a 'wrong track' with the intended action , if we go back to your original problem description , then my advice remains  : upgrade to the latest Prime version and check if the problem has been resolved.

M.

Hi bluesea2010,

First step is to make sure the Prime error is actually TRUE. Check your 5760 controller and see if you find the AP.

If it's not there, then you need to make it join the controller.

If you find the AP on your controller, but Prime still throwing error - perform the WLC sync once again and then check the status.

If you have upgraded your Prime recently, make sure you have the recommended patch and device pack installed.

CJ

/**Please rate all useful responses**/

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card