Views
Helpful
Replies

ERROR: Cisco AP with two wifi networks + separate vlans

alexander2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
unfortunately, I am not getting anywhere with my problem right now. I have a Cisco 2960-C switch and a Cisco 2702 AP. On the switch I have on Gig1 (WAN1) and on Gig2 (WAN2). Now I want to make a vlan for WAN1 and a vlan for Wan 2. In this case I used VLAN 1 for WAN 1 and VLAN 64 for WAN2. The AP should now make a Wifi with WAN1 and a Wifi with WAN2.

However it does not work. The switch sets the trunk port (Fa0/8) to down. "%PM-4-ERR_DISABLE: loopback error detected on Fa0/8, putting Fa0/8 in err-disable state".

Does anyone have any idea or suggested solution for me? Sorry if I'm being stupid.... I'm new to the networking world and just learning Learning while doing.

Attached you can see the config of the switch and the AP

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@alexander2003 Have you noticed you are marking native VLAN 2 on the AP side when on the switch side is by default on VLAN 1? Please fix that on the AP side an mark VLAN 1 as native (Dot11Radio0.1 and GigabitEthernet0.1), and remove all related to VLAN 2 (Dot11Radio0.2 and GigabitEthernet0.2).
Why do you have configured GigabitEthernet1 when there is only a GigabitEthernet0 interface on the AP2702? Plese remove that as well.
Last but not least, you are missing this comand under global config to allow multiple bssids: "dot11 mbssid"
Finally, I would recomend you to enable 5-GHz band radio.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Can you post the running-config of Fa0/8 , this interface can not be found in Config_Router.txt

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Sorry, I uploaded the wrong config file. Now the correct config is uploaded from the switch. 

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

Can you also post the AP config please?

Here are the two config files

- Ref : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCea46385 , this could be a bug upgrade the 2960-C to https://software.cisco.com/download/home/283915794/type/280805680/release/15.2.7E6 , check if that can help.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Upgrade did not change anything unfortunately. I have now tried a few things on the switch with VLANS. The problem is probably with the AP.

Do you have any other ideas for me? I think I will have some error in the config of the ap.

Thank you

JPavonM
VIP
VIP

@alexander2003 Have you noticed you are marking native VLAN 2 on the AP side when on the switch side is by default on VLAN 1? Please fix that on the AP side an mark VLAN 1 as native (Dot11Radio0.1 and GigabitEthernet0.1), and remove all related to VLAN 2 (Dot11Radio0.2 and GigabitEthernet0.2).
Why do you have configured GigabitEthernet1 when there is only a GigabitEthernet0 interface on the AP2702? Plese remove that as well.
Last but not least, you are missing this comand under global config to allow multiple bssids: "dot11 mbssid"
Finally, I would recomend you to enable 5-GHz band radio.

HTH
-Jesus
*** Please rate helpful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: