Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

error message after 7.4.100.0

Hi,

after upgrading to 7.4.100.0 im getting this error message when trying to apply changes on the wlan id.

"mDNS profiling cannot be enabled with flexconnect local switching"

if unselect mDNS snooping under (wlan id/advanced) i can apply the changes, but only temporary.

when im looking the next time, the tick box mDNS snooping is enabled again.

is this a bug or what?

7 Replies 7

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't use mDNS if your SSID is going to be set for local switching. It will only work if you don't have local switching enabled. That's how mine is setup.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sure, i would like disable mDNS for that wlan.When i unselect mDNS snooping i can apply the settings.

However when i check the settings again, it's eneabled again, all by it self.

i don't understand why it's always enabled?

You need to uncheck FlexConnect local switching then hit apply, then go back and uncheck mDNS and hit apply.

-Scott

I have a 2504 that I do testing on and I don't have any issues with it at all. If you still have an issue, just make the changes I posted, save the config and reboot the WLC and try it again

-Scott

Hi Scott  -  

We had the same mDNS/LocalSwitching issue with the 7.4.100 upgrade that Marcus Johansson had.  Your solution worked perfectly for us. 

Thank you! 

Bill Higgins / Network Engineer / Expeditors International

Glad it helped:)

-Scott

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Marcus,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

You need to disable mDNS for the WLAN.Un-check mDNS snooping and Flex Connect local switching.Finally you will be able to apply the settings.

Hope this will help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card