Views
Helpful
Replies

EtherChannel with 2 Cisco Aironets

yeled1257
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i have 2 cisco aironets 1240 connected on site-1 to a 3750 and site-b to a 3560 switch...i've called TAC a few times to help with setting up an EtherChannel beetween these 2 bridges but they have no clue how to do it...

every tech tells me somthing else and so far its not working.

Any help is greatly appreciated

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I tried doing this back in the days with older bridges and it didn't work.... I only could get the links working if I configured the switch fro IP routing and basically created two point to point links. I think the issue why it wouldnt work is that spanning tree issues. BPDU's seem to not pass and you end up creating a bridge loop.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

thx for the reply

so what would be the way to configure this my goal is to combine the 2 bridges for speed and have failover at the same time how can i accomplish this task?

Well 1st can you enable routing on the switch? What might be an easy way to go is to have one bridge pass certain subnets and the other bridge to pass the rest. There is not failover, but if a link or bridge goes down, you can always add those vlans in.

-Scott

ya im looking for automatic failover and i do have layer 3 switches on both ends and multiple vlans on each side so routing is enabled, i did find Document ID: 71478 on cisco looks like its possible it just dosent give me the steps to actually configure it.

Just configure the switchports the bridge is connected to as a routed port.... its just a point to point connection.

-Scott

can you be a bit more detailed on how to configure it and what will it do.... last time i plugged in both bridges at the same time it took down my network because it created a loop...i dont want this to happen again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card