cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ethernet Port support auto sensing on Wireless Controller 5508?

ittichai_a
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I have some question about controller 5508, as I know it have 8 port for doing LAG. Then, I would like to know that ethernet port support auto sensing feature or not. Anyone have any idea or comment to me, please help T_T

Thanks

V

4 Replies 4

If you are using 1000BASE-T SFP with those 8x distribution ports those should be auto-sense. So you should be albe to use either striaght through or cross over cable when connect to a switch Gig interfaces.

Service port is not auto sense, so you have to use straight through cable when connecting to a switch.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/7.4/configuration/guides/ports_interfaces/config_ports_and_interfaces_chapter_01.html

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The SFP ports of the 5508 will only support 1 Gbps and FULL Duplex.  You will not be able to configure the ports to any other settings.   This factor does not change regardless of the SFP you are using.

5508 will also NOT support 100BaseFx SFP (because it doesn't make any sense to develop).

Hi Leo

I may have some question about your message. You mean that we cannot do auto sensing on 5508 port with SPF-1000BaseT, correct? Because i found some document which said that 1000BasetT can do auto sensing. So, i may comply in this topic i think. What do you think?

Thanks

V

I may have some question about your message. You mean that we cannot do auto sensing on 5508 port with SPF-1000BaseT, correct? Because i found some document which said that 1000BasetT can do auto sensing.

Basically, when you use GLC-T on a 5508, the speed and duplex setting is permanently set to 1 Gbps, full duplex.  If you stick the GLC-T on some other appliance, like a 2960, you can change the speed to 100 Mbps. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card