Views
Helpful
Replies

ethernet side of 1260 series AP is not accessible

mirofedor71
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I created mesh using 1550 and 1260 AP series. One of 1550 is RAP with WLC wired, and others are MAP (1550 and 1260 series). All APs are in bridge mode with Mesh - Ethernet bridging enabled.

All APs are visible in WLC in Wireless section and I can manage them. Problem is that I cannot access any IP device (camera, dvr, pc ...) connected to WLAN via 1260 series AP, I cant ping them. Devices connected via 1550 series AP works fine. Please help me to find problem, thanx.

14 Replies 14

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

When you say WLAN you mean a device on the wireless or connected to the Ethernet. I know Ethernet bridging was an issues on some of the 7.x code but it does work on v7.4 code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I mean device on ethernet side, connected to Mesh AP 1260 series. I have code version 7.0.220.0, I will try to uprade it, I let you know result.

Yeah... Ethernet bridging was broke when using an indoor AP. just remember when you upgrade you will also need to upgrade the FUS image which takes 35-45 minutes. During this time you will only have console access to the WLC.

-Scott

please, explain FUS image ??? Code in WLC is already updated to 7.4.100.0 and after mesh restart this code was downloaded to all APs. What else?

The FUS image is mandatory. Here is a support doc explaining the image. This should help

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-23757

-Scott

Thnx, I downloaded it and started process:

Upgrade Field Recovery Image from version 1.0.0 to 7.4.1.30

I hope that it helps.

I already downloaded new firmware fo Aironet 1260 - ap3g1-k9w8-tar.152-2.JB.tar, now I have version 12.4. Do you mean that it can helps too???

The FUS is required when you go to v7.2 or later. The AP image doesn't really matter as the AP will actually download its code from the WLC. I have seen issues when the FUS has not been upgraded so it will make thing stable. I run v7.4 with 3602's and Ethernet bridging with no issues.

-Scott

Problem is not solved,

FUS v7.4.,

code v7.4.100.0,

IOS version for Aironet 1260 is 15.2(2)JB$.

Mesh is visible in WLC, I can configure all APs, but still cannot access devices connected to ethernet  of Mesh AP - Aironet 1260. It didnt works from other side too, cannot access 1260 from PC connected directly to ethernet of this AP. Therefore I cannot access other points of network from there. But state of GigabitEthernet0 is UP. I can access Aironet 1260 only from wireless side via Root AP.

Any ideas ?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't access the AP from the Ethernet port, it from the wireless side. Also the Ethernet port when Ethernet bridging is configured is either placed on the native vlan the RAP is connected to on the network Orr else if you have defined a different vlan or vlans for the Ethernet port on the MAP, then the RAP port has to be connected to a trunk and the traffic gets dropped of there and not tunneled back to the WLC

-Scott

I have only one untaggeg VLAN (id:0), all ethernet ports are placed in this vlan. I found problem, 1260 series doesnt support layer 3, therefore its impossible to access IP devices behind this AP. Its accessible only via layer 2, using MAC. Can you confirm this?

I can connect a laptop to an Ethernet port of my 3602 and get an IP address... This is layer 3 as I can ping any other devices on other subnets from this laptop. I don't understand what you mean by its layer 2 and not layer 3.

-Scott

When I connect my pc to ethernet of 1260 MAP I cant ping anything, I cant ping this pc from other side too. Although I have whole mesh connected and visible in my WLC. Devices conncted behind 1550 MAP works fine.

I Found at

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/ios/release/notes/12_4_25d._JArn.html#wp217229 :

Layer 3 Not Supported with NAC for MBSSID

Layer 3 is not supported with NAC for MBSSID in this release.

Layer 3 Mobility Not Supported on Repeaters and Workgroup Bridges

Repeater access points and workgroup bridges cannot associate to an SSID configured for Layer 3 mobility. Layer 3 mobility is not supported on repeaters and workgroup bridges.

But its for 12.4 and 12.3 releases, I already upgrade it to 15.2.

Ok, if this is not the problem, any ideas for solution ?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is connecting to the Ethernet port and what are you trying to accomplish.

-Scott

In this time its notebook for testing at home, but in real it is IP camera. Anyway, both are accessible locally but not via wireless and ethernet on 1260 series AP.

Here is topology, look pls: http://www.bluegray.eu/topology.jpg
On this scheme - I can ping and access from My PC to IP cameras 192.168.1.107, or 192.168.1.108

I cant access (ping) IP cameras 192.168.1.102, 192.168.1.103, or 192.168.1.104 from MyPC

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card