Views
Helpful
Replies

External Antenna for AIR-AP1852I-E-K9

OrkhanRustamli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

We are using AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 APs in whole building but there is one problem.  There is particular AP in one room which is not big and coverage in the room is complete. However the problem is that the room has balcony which has very thick glasses and door and radio signal is not passing even though AP is staying 2 meter away. The balcony is used very much by the management for smoking and talking in the web calls and I need to extend the coverage there. I think putting one more AP is very crazy so both APs will be very close and will make the situation even worse. Instead I thought extending the coverage by prolonging one external antenna with cable to balcony through glass.

My question is, does AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 support external Antenna which can be prolonged with a cable?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 ---> it doesn't support external antenna. This AP has internal antenna.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

AIR-AP1852I-E-K9 ---> it doesn't support external antenna. This AP has internal antenna.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card