Views
Helpful
Replies

Failover wlc 5760

gl_al
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have two wifi controller 5760 and AP Lightweight Access Points. I configure one controller  and works fine now.But I want configure wifi controllers support failover. If one primary controller is down, working secondary and all setting transmitted to AP AP Lightweight Access Points. How to do this? is it possible to this model?

8 Replies 8

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

yes its supported.

Here is the guide to implement HA:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/5700/software/release/ios_xe_33/5760_HA_DG_iosXE33.html

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

I understand  that, if they  connect to the stack cable but  this not my case, they are in different room

Ok. For real HA (AP/Clinet SSO), It is highly recommended to have back-to-back direct connectivity between Redundant Ports."

If you dont have direct layer 2 connection between these controllers then you can use N+1 HA method.

in N+1 you must have enough AP licens eon both WLCs. so that..

AP can be configured with primary, secondary, and tertiary controllers. When the primary controller fails, depending upon the number of APs managed by a controller, the access point fails over to the secondary controller. Once it detects that the primary controller is unavailable, the AP rediscovers the controller and reestablishes the CAPWAP tunnel to the secondary controller.

Regards

Dont forgte to rate helpful posts

If I correctly understand, that at each point to configure and enter into manual where there will be a primary and where the second controller ?

Yes each AP must be configured manually with primary /secondary WLC IP and name.

Regards

step 1. Configure two controller each (create vlan, configure int )

step 2 Create mobility group, each controller  (add vlan and wlan )

step 3 Configure all ap manual ip primary and secondary controller

Tell me please my actions are correct?

Correct.

Configure both WLCs identical except IP address and Hostname.

also Add each other (WLCs)in their mobility groups.

and last configure all AP manually for primary /sec/tert.

Example:

N+1 HA setup with 2504:

https://rscciew.wordpress.com/2014/06/07/n1-high-availability-configuration-on-cisco-2504wlc/

Regards

Thanks for the help, it turned out to be customized
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card