Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect access points issue after WLC upgradation

Hey guys

We upgraded the WLC 8500 from 8.0.110.9 to 8.4.100.0 & after upgradation most of the flexconnect mode access point(AIR-CAP3602I-N-K9) unable to join the WLC.but local mode access point successfully joined

Can anyone suggest why access point unable to join the WLC.

6 Replies 6

Scott Pickles
Level 4
Level 4

That's a pretty big code jump.  Did you check to see that your AP models are still supported on the new code train?

I checked AIR-CAP3602I-N-K9 model support in new code train.

Rafael E
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

The issue is too general. More information is needed to understand what can be causing this problem:

• Are AP able to reach WLC?
  • If one of the affected AP are change to local mode, will it fix the problem?
  • Are the AP in Flex, located in a remote office? Is the connection good enough for the AP? if so, based on what?
  • AP logs?
  • WLC AP join statistics?

Regards,

Rafael

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

Hello Rafael,

When we checked from AP console we are unable to reach WLC,but when we checked with laptop connected to the switch we are able to ping WLC.

After removing the VLAN and reconfiguring the switches fixed the problem

Yes located in remote office,working fine till the upgradation.

Looking for your support...

Regards,

Srikanth

Hello Srikanth,

"When you said unable to reach WLC".

• Did the AP had an IP Address?
  • If yes:
    • Can AP reach its GW?

by reading the workaround sound to me more a wired issue rather than AP in FlexConnect.

Regards,

Rafael

Saludos,
Rafael - TAC

I guess, in software versions 8.0 is stable next to that 8.3.x is stable. so try by degrading to 8.3 version. So your problem might be solved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card