Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect across two countries

moin.meer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Current Scenario: We have few access points with 1 WLC (2504) in our Pakistan Office. All APs are in Local Mode and working fine.

Now we have another office in India and we intend to install a couple of 2702i APs there in India Office using Flexconnect.

I have checked both countries allow 1-13 Channels. Could someone share best practice to implement such scenario. Also, the limitations of implementing Flexconnect across two countries.

I'm looking for Central Authentication, Local Switching.

4 Replies 4

ALIAOF_
Level 6
Level 6

You should be able to, I don't see why not.  What is the WAN link between the two sites?  Is there any redundancy?

What kind of authentication are you planning on using?

We have Site to Site VPN Connectivity between the sites.

Initially I'd like to keep it simple and would be using PSK at remote office.

Here in main office, we are using LDAP as authentication server.

Could you recommend the best practice to implement this?

Would it matter that I have APs in local mode here in main office and need to have APs in Flexconnect mode there in remote office?

Would you recommend grouping the APs?

So yeah you might want to create AP groups and add AP's into sites group.

It would not matter if you have AP's in local mode but you will certainly need a different SSID because when you setup FlexConnect that SSID will have different settings vs the one with no FlexConnect.

If you are planning on using WPA2-PSK at  your remote site and AP's lose connectivity to the WLC I believe they should still serve new clients.  I recommend testing this scenario out.  Here are couple of links that are related

https://wlanlessonslearned.wordpress.com/tag/flexconnect/

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-0/configuration-guide/b_cg80/b_cg80_chapter_010001000.html

Hi Ali,

I have a default group and all the current APs are in the default group.

Can I keep the default group as it is, and create a new group for my Remote Office AP?

Or you think I should create 1 group for Head Office and another group for Remote Office?

Thanks.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card