cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect Central Switching - Allow P2P communication between Clients of same SSID

NaveenG_Wi-Fi
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking to enable communication between clients of the same SSID. Ours is a Flexconnect AP- Central Authentication / Central Switching setup. Under WLAN settings, the P2P blocking option is currently set to 'Drop'. There are options  'Disabled'  and 'Forward-UpStream' available. Choosing 'Disabled' would meet my requirement or is there anything additional that needs to be configured. Please advise.

4 Replies 4

superego
Level 1
Level 1

'Disabled' would allow Peer to Peer communication.  No more additional config required.

Step 1 Choose WLANs to open the WLANs page. Step 2 Click the ID number of the WLAN for which you want to configure peer-to-peer blocking. Step 3 Choose the Advanced tab to open the WLANs > Edit (Advanced) page. Step 4 Choose one of the following options from the P2P Blocking drop-down list: Disabled—Disables peer-to-peer blocking and bridges traffic locally within the controller whenever possible. This is the default value. Note *** Traffic is never bridged across VLANs in the controller. *** Drop—Causes the controller to discard the packets. **** Forward-UpStream—Causes the packets to be forwarded on the upstream VLAN. The device above the controller decides what action to take regarding the packets. Note To enable peer-to-peer blocking on a WLAN configured for FlexConnect local switching, select Drop from the P2P Blocking drop-down list and select the FlexConnect Local Switching check box. Step 5 Click Apply to commit your changes. Step 6 Click Save Configuration to save your changes.

HI.

Thanks for your inputs. But I have interface group mapped to the WLAN ID on which I want to allow P2P communication. between clients. Is it possible in my case? 

I have interface group mapped to the WLAN ID / SSID so, clients may get IP from any of the Vlans part of the interface group. The document says *** Traffic is never bridged across VLANs in the controller. ***   My concern is,  clients that belong to different subnets (vlans) can communicate with each other ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: