Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexconnect Per AP Wan Link Consumption

When it comes to Flexconnect theory, Cisco always asks for some requirements about the Wan link(Larency no greater than 100 ms, MTU no smaller than 500 Bytes and at least 128 Kbps bandwidth). And it is well documented. Therefore, I am looking for some material that explains the impact of deploy flexconnect on Wan links.

I´ve seen here in the community some guesses  about 32 kbps per AP but I´ve seen 12.8 Kbps in other places. Anybody know any material that clearly explain the caveat of bandwidth consumption for pure Flexconnect deployment. 

PS: I am looking for managment traffic, not user traffic.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Here is the best I can find it for you given in 7.3 mobility design guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/emob73/ch7_HREA.html#wp1079979

FlexConnect APs are deployed at the Branch site and managed from the Data Center over a WAN link. It is highly recommended that the minimum bandwidth restriction remains 12.8 kbps per AP with the round trip latency no greater than 300 ms for data deployments and 100 ms for data + voice deployments (see Table 7-4). The maximum transmission unit (MTU) must be at least 500 bytes.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

Here is the best I can find it for you given in 7.3 mobility design guide.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/Enterprise/Mobility/emob73dg/emob73/ch7_HREA.html#wp1079979

FlexConnect APs are deployed at the Branch site and managed from the Data Center over a WAN link. It is highly recommended that the minimum bandwidth restriction remains 12.8 kbps per AP with the round trip latency no greater than 300 ms for data deployments and 100 ms for data + voice deployments (see Table 7-4). The maximum transmission unit (MTU) must be at least 500 bytes.

HTH

Rasika

**** Pls rate all useful responses ****

Thank you for confirm.

The above table shows a minimum 1.44M to support 50 AP per branch, so what if I have 100 AP in the branch so what should be the minimum WAN link bandwidth ? is it 1.44 * 2 ? or how it could be calculated?

You can assume that, There is no formula to calculate it

HTH

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card