Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect VLAN Central Switching and guest WEB Auth

aksel.nielsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a senario where all my AP's are flexconnect AP's, that is because og WVoIP.

In most loacation I have a local intenet connection for guests, and beacuse of that the Guest SSID is locally sitched.

I have a few small locations that do not have a local subnet for guests and on those locations I would like to centrally switch the guest trafic.

I was looking at FlexConnect VLAN Central Switching to solve my problem, but as far as I can see this only works with 802.1x SSID's and aaa override.

Is there no way to do FlexConnect VLAN Central Switching on SSID's with WEB auth or PSK?

Hope some one can answer me.

Thanks

Aksel

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So create a new WLAN, the WLAN profile will be different that the original guest WLAN and assign it a WLAN ID of 16 or higher. This new WLAN will have the same setting as the original guest SSID except that local switching is not enabled.

You now need to create AP Groups so you can specify site with local guest vlan's will use the original SSID and the sites with no guest local clan will use the new SSID you created.

Here is a doc regarding AP Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

AAA override only works with 802.1x by sending a radius attribute to change the vlan's.

-Scott

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I guess you need to explain what you are trying to accomplish in detail because maybe there is a work around.

-Scott

I need to have a SSID for guests with WEB AUTH splash page and flexconnect local switching on most locations.

I some locations there is no vlan for terminating guests locally, in those locations I need to centally switch the guest clients.

The AP's in both type of locations need to be flexconnect because we use the wireless network for telephones (7925G).

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

So create a new WLAN, the WLAN profile will be different that the original guest WLAN and assign it a WLAN ID of 16 or higher. This new WLAN will have the same setting as the original guest SSID except that local switching is not enabled.

You now need to create AP Groups so you can specify site with local guest vlan's will use the original SSID and the sites with no guest local clan will use the new SSID you created.

Here is a doc regarding AP Groups

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_configuration_example09186a008073c723.shtml

-Scott

I did not think you could have 2 wlan profiles with the same SSID.

The customer wolu rather not have 2 guest SSID's if it can be helped

Why have a different SSID when you can have the same? To me its consistency you want. Either way you will need to use AP Groups.

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card