cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FlexConnect VLAN's match requirements

nathanloop
Level 1
Level 1

With flex connect you have an interface on the WLC, vlan mappings under AP settings, then trunk ports on the switch that go to the AP. They all have vlans associated with them.

by default the vlan mappings under AP settings take the interface vlan on the WLC, then you match those vlans on your trunk ports

Can you change the vlan mappings on the AP settings, and your trunk port settings to match, but leave the interface vlan’s on the wlc different. Will that work or do all three they all have to match?

For example, can I have: Interface "Wireless-Data" as vlan 10 on the WLC, but have "Wireless-Data" vlan mapping on the AP as vlan 11, then trunk vlan 11 to the AP. Will that work or do all three have to match?

Thank you,

Nathan

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

With FlexConnect what I have done in the past was create a bogus interface and mapped the SSID to that bogus interface to the wlan.  I use AP Groups to set the vlan on local and FlexConnect groups to set the wlan to vlan mapping on FlexConnect.  This is what you need to configure to match your site vlans.  Native vlan will always be used and the AP vlan will need to be on the native vlan for the trunk port.  FlexConnect local switch which you are tying to do doesn't use the interfaces that the controller has, as you need to manually define that on the FlexConnect AP or the use of FlexConnect groups.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card