cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Flexible Radio Assignment 2802I

Denniz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello. I have a vWlc (8.5.182.0) and some ap's, one ap is a 2802i. The controller sets both radios of the 2802 to 5ghz when i want one 5 and one 2.4. I have turned off Flexible Radio Assignment but it dosent work. What have i missed?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you turned off FRA on the flexible radio  , did you also set it to fixed 2.4GHZ, also as the  flexible radio module is able to be configured to serve clients in either 2.4-GHz or 5–GHz  , you may want to clarify the motivation for your requirement(s)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- If you turned off FRA on the flexible radio  , did you also set it to fixed 2.4GHZ, also as the  flexible radio module is able to be configured to serve clients in either 2.4-GHz or 5–GHz  , you may want to clarify the motivation for your requirement(s)

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

So, i am pretty new to the GUI on a "real" wlc, i have been using mobility express and autonoumous ap's erlier. This is for my homelab. How do i set it to fixed 2.4ghz? Thanks

Ref : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/9800/config-guide/b_wl_16_10_cg/cisco-flexible-radio-assignment.pdf
                          >...Configuring an FRA Radio (CLI)
  Checkout this paragraph , the subsequent steps mentioned and or look at Step 7

M.

Yep Marce got the answer there.  When you turn off FRA it won't convert any more but doesn't change those which have already been re-assigned.  You need to use the revert command in step 7 to reset them all back to default.

Denniz
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everyone!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card