cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Foreign controller 5520 with 9800CL as the Guest-Anchor will an 3502i off the foreign be compatible?

daswann
Level 1
Level 1

We are configuring a number of sites to come back to our data center for guest via auto-anchor. One site still has 3502i access points. If we were to use a 9800 controller as the Anchor would the 3502 (foreign 5520 HA) be compatible until we can replace them with a newer model access point. My guess is no since the EoIP tunnel terminates the guest on the 9800?

Thanks is advance 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jegan Rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dastas,

What is the AireOS version in 5520? I guess you are running 8.5.X.X because from 8.6 onwards 3502 is not supported.

You can create mobility group between 5520 and 9800 with aireOS and IOSXE interoperability solution, to do the same you need to install 8.5.164.0 IRCM image in 5520, then you can anchor guest traffic to 9800-CL anchor WLAN controller.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

pieterh
VIP
VIP

look at Figure 10-2 Auto Anchor EoIP Tunnels

or diving-into-converged-access slide 15 

the EOIP tunnel is between the controllers, not between AP and controller!
( I do not believe this is different with 9800 controller)

Jegan Rajappa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dastas,

What is the AireOS version in 5520? I guess you are running 8.5.X.X because from 8.6 onwards 3502 is not supported.

You can create mobility group between 5520 and 9800 with aireOS and IOSXE interoperability solution, to do the same you need to install 8.5.164.0 IRCM image in 5520, then you can anchor guest traffic to 9800-CL anchor WLAN controller.

I hope this helps.

Thank you Jegan! 

daswann
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you for your response pieterh, I know the tunnel is between the controllers but the client traffic from the AP is terminated or egresses at the 9800. Just wanted a sanity check.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card