Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FRA not covering 2.4GHZ

Hi team,

My AP is not seeing 2.4GHz signal but still its both slot working on 5 GHz. Can you please help to resolve issue. Its happening to multiple AP. Can we disable FRA?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can disable FRA by going:

Wireless>Advanced>RF Management> Flexible Radio Assignment> Disable

You then might need to run this CLI command if the APs still do not change the XOR radio to 2.4

config advanced fra revert all auto

If you have manually configured the setting on any of the XOR radios then use this command

config advanced fra revert auto-only auto

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can disable FRA globally or individually (or per AP basis).

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can disable FRA by going:

Wireless>Advanced>RF Management> Flexible Radio Assignment> Disable

You then might need to run this CLI command if the APs still do not change the XOR radio to 2.4

config advanced fra revert all auto

If you have manually configured the setting on any of the XOR radios then use this command

config advanced fra revert auto-only auto

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Thanks for the post

Hi @Haydn Andrews 

Can you also please tell me the command to enable FRA To be  operated as manual from auto. 

There isnt a option to enable FRA as manual

What you can do is under Wireless>Accesspoints> Dual-Band Radios 

you can configure each AP Radio Role Assignment to manual, then select client serving or monitor and select the band.

Hi @Haydn Andrews 

We did disable FRA and AP is seen with 2.4GHz but still no wlan visible on 2.4Ghz. Any specific reason

Check the AP if the micro radio has switched to 5.0 Ghz or not.

HI @Leo Laohoo 

How to check micro radio. 

Monitor > Dual-Band Radios > Detail
Find the AP, go to the right-hands side and choose "Configure".
Under "Radio Role Assignment", what does it say there?

Hi @Leo Laohoo 

Its showing radio role as auto , but also seeing client serving is marked but its graded. I am attaching picture.

Did you try to reboot the AP? You should try to move the ap to a different ap group and then back to the ap group you want the ap to be in. The AP isn’t taking the command to enable the radio.
-Scott

I think you have to toggle the radio up and down. I remember an issue with that, you can try toggling the radio up and down or reset the AP.
-Scott

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You can disable FRA globally or individually (or per AP basis).
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card