Views
Helpful
Replies

FUS 1.9 vs FRIV

Gunter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm going to upgrade FUS on my 5508 WLC to version 1.9 but from the sysinfo output I can see that controller is probably already upgraded.

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.
Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller
Product Version.................................. 7.6.120.0
Bootloader Version............................... 1.0.20
Field Recovery Image Version..................... 7.6.95.16
Firmware Version................................. FPGA 1.7, Env 1.8, USB console 2.2

one think is different between this WLC and other I already upgraded - Field Recovery Image Version - 7.6.95.16. When I upgrade other 5508 in the past FRIV has been upgraded to 7.6.101.1 in this case I have 7.6.95.16.

My question is what should I do? Can I upgrade this WLC using the FUS 1.9 to have FRIV 7.6.101.1? In the release notes there is information to upgrade FUS on the WLC only once. I'm not sure if the FUS was already upgraded on my WLC so I'm a little bit worried - I don't want to crash WLC a specially that I don't have access to the console connection. 

What do you think?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes you can. 

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can upload the FUS again and reboot the controller and specify if you want to upgrade certain pieces or not.  You will have the choice when your consoled to the controller.

Cisco 5500 Series Wireless LAN Controllers 

Field Recovery Image is upgraded from 7.0.112.21 to 7.6.101.1 

Bootloader is upgraded to 1.0.20 

Offline Field Diagnostics is upgraded from 0.9.28 to 0.9.35 

FPGA Revision version is upgraded to 1.7 

Environment Controller (MCU) Image version is upgraded to 1.8 

USB Console Revision version is upgraded to 2.2 

-Scott

-Scott

Yes Scott, I saw your answer in other post related to the FUS but in my case I don't have access to the console. That is why I'm wondering if I can perform whole upgrade or not?

Yes you can. 

-Scott

-Scott

Scott, Yesterday I had a chance to check your answer (another FUS upgrade) and you had right. Thank you for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card