cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting ip address from second ssid

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

We have WLC and layer 3 switch and a lot APs which are connected to the switch with vlan20 access port. The users can get ip address from dhcp pool (10.0.20.0/24) located at the switch after connecting to these APs. Now we have the second dhcp pool(10.0.30.0/24//vlan30) located at the switch too. Is this possible for users to get ip address from the second dhcp pool if we create second ssid? So the first ssid is for user to get ip address from first dhcp pool, and second ssid is for second dhcp pool. or can you send a link? Thank you!

Capture.PNG

4 Replies 4

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

johnd2310
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Yes, what you are proposing should work. Your access points will tunnel both vlans to the controller. Access point does not need to be in the same vlan as the users.

Thanks

John

**Please rate posts you find helpful**

Thank you John. So i need to create vlan30 at wlc and the switch? But after i did it, the users cannot get ip address. Did i miss some steps?

craig.beck
Level 1
Level 1

Are the APs and WLANs in local or FlexConnect mode? If they're in FlexConnect mode, you'll need to create WLAN-to-VLAN mappings to tell the APs which VLAN to tag an SSID onto. The port where the AP connects needs to be a trunk and allow the VLANs you want to use.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card