cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Getting trace of wireless client from 9800 WLC connected 2 months back

Faisal Pathan
Level 1
Level 1

We need to trace a customer's ipad which has been lost & was connected to one of our AP 2 months ago. Is there any way in 9800 WLC that we can get any sort of logs like on which AP it was last associated with using radioactive trace or something? 

Our WLC is also registered on DNAC can we get any logs from DNAC for the same wireless client?

Please suggest

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Faisal Pathan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Flavido, I have found the iPad's last connected AP details from DNAC. In Assurance we get client data of only 7 days. I had to go back 2 months. So, I configured a custom report using client detail template & had DNAC mailed it to me. After running the report, I got the details of devices which were connected 2 months ago & found the iPad's last connection details.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi

On the WLC I believe not. On the DNAC I believe so. Take a look on the Assurance

Faisal Pathan
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, Flavido, I have found the iPad's last connected AP details from DNAC. In Assurance we get client data of only 7 days. I had to go back 2 months. So, I configured a custom report using client detail template & had DNAC mailed it to me. After running the report, I got the details of devices which were connected 2 months ago & found the iPad's last connection details.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card