cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Global Multicast Mode but exclude Guest WLAN

emily00001
Level 1
Level 1

I'm on a 2504 and had Global Multicast Mode set to on. This worked on all the controllers WLANs. On the guest WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there. I tried to disable the Global Multicast Mode on the controller and use Multicast VLAN Feature on the WLANs where I wanted multicast to work but that apparently doesn't work when global multicast mode isn't checked.

What do I do to have multicast on for only some of my WLANs? Is it at all possible?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there

This is expected behavior. You cannot control multicast traffic using P2P blocking feature. Pls have a look at "restrictions for peer-to-peer blocking" section of below document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_01010001.html

What do I do to have multicast on for only some of my WLANs? Is it at all possible?

from WLC level, I do not think there is a solution. But at the switch level you can disable PIM on the interface defined for guest wireless users. That should helps

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

WLAN I enabled P2P blocking but noted that the multicast was still active there

This is expected behavior. You cannot control multicast traffic using P2P blocking feature. Pls have a look at "restrictions for peer-to-peer blocking" section of below document

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-2/config-guide/b_cg82/b_cg82_chapter_01010001.html

from WLC level, I do not think there is a solution. But at the switch level you can disable PIM on the interface defined for guest wireless users. That should helps

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Ok, thanks for the advice.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card