Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Group leader

I've configure a cisco 5508 WLC in redundancy mode. Since yesterday this message keep appearing in the log and no ap are associated with the wlc:

*RRM-CLNT-2_4: Dec 13 09:51:48.614: #RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmClientProc.c:3016 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: received 802.11bg client request AP list from 10.81.92.3, which is not our group leader

*RRM-CLNT-5_0: Dec 13 09:51:48.614: #RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmClientProc.c:3016 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: received 802.11a client request AP list from 10.81.92.3, which is not our group leader

*RRM-CLNT-2_4: Dec 13 09:51:47.614: #RRM-3-RRM_LOGMSG: rrmClientProc.c:3016 RRM LOG: Airewave Director: received 802.11bg client request AP list from 10.81.92.3, which is not our group leader

I've tried to reload the working backup configuration but nothing change.

Anyone have ever see a error log like this, i can't find nothing similar on the documentation.

Regards

1 Reply 1

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

RF Group Leader

The members of an RF group elect an RF group leader to maintain a "master" power and channel scheme for the group. The RF group leader is dynamically chosen and cannot be selected by the user. In addition, the RF group leader can change at any time, depending on the RRM algorithm calculations.

The RF group leader analyzes real-time radio data collected by the system and calculates the master power and channel plan. The RRM algorithms try to optimize around a signal strength of -65 dBm between all access points and to avoid 802.11 co-channel interference and contention as well as non-802.11 interference. The RRM algorithms employ dampening calculations to minimize system-wide dynamic changes. The end result is dynamically calculated optimal power and channel planning that is responsive to an always changing RF environment.

The RRM algorithms run at a specified updated interval, which is 600 seconds by default. Between update intervals, the RF group leader sends keep-alive messages to each of the RF group members and collects real-time RF data.

Please check this documents:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072c759.shtml

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card