cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Guest Accounts

Hi all,

could i create new guest accounts via CLI? i know that  via GUI with lobby embassador account i can create them. I have WLC  5508 (7.0.116).

I appreciate your help.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

You can yes.  syntax is:

config netuser add username password {wlan wlan_id | guestlan guestlan_id} userType guest lifetime lifetime description description

guestlan is for a wired guest

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Highlighted

Hi Stephen,

thanks for your response. I have another question, Can lobby embassador gets log in through CLI and create these accounts?

I appreciate your help.

Highlighted

Yes, I believe so, as long as the lobby adminis created on the WLC and not in WCS/NCS.

Out of curiosity, are you planning on scripting the creation of guest accounts?  Or are you going to have someone create them manually?   If manually the webpage for the LA is easier.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Highlighted

Steve,

my objective is create a txt file and copy and paste onto WLC CLI and someone should do this activity. Today i have tried to log in with lobby ambassador user via CLI but unfortunately i couldn´t do that. In WLC guide haven´t found yet some info about this restriction. What do you think?

Highlighted

Hi Steve,

How do we create a script for creating GUest users in the WLC ? I guess this is achieved by WCS using templates but not sure how to do it on WLC 5508. Pls explain. Thanks !

Highlighted

Harish,

Above, Steve posted the command:

config netuser add username password {wlan wlan_id | guestlan guestlan_id} userType guest lifetime lifetime description description

Not really a script, but you would just cust an paste that into the WLC cli.  You can create it using notepad or excel if you wanted.  WCS has a cli template if you want to use that and be able to push that command to other WLC/s.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Highlighted

Thanks Scott.