cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Guest SSID Not Broadcasting-WLC9800 CL

JasonGorman1808
Level 1
Level 1

Two of our three wireless networks broadcast but not our Guest network. All networks are in flexconnect mode. Has anyone run into this issue?

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JPavonM
VIP
VIP
  1. Check the policy tag contains all wlan and policy profiles for all your SSIDs. (And they are all enabled)
  2. Check your policy profiles have the correct VLAN IDs.
  3. Check the VLAN IDs exist on the L2 and L3 switches, they are trunked and they are allowed on the AP switchport. (This should be the case)

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Checkout this CLI command : wireless config validate 
               (if nothing is displayed then that check is OK)

+  Have an overall checkup of the  WLC9800 CL controller's configuration with the CLI command
       show tech wireless and feed the output from that into Wireless Config Analyzer
      use the full command as denoted in green , do not use a simple show tech as input for this procedure

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Gaurav  Kansal
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Jason,

Please check weather you call SSID's in access points group or policy-tag.

GoodLuck
Regards
Gaurav Kansal

If you find this post helpful then please vote as Helpful and if it solves your issue then please mark as Solution.

JPavonM
VIP
VIP
  1. Check the policy tag contains all wlan and policy profiles for all your SSIDs. (And they are all enabled)
  2. Check your policy profiles have the correct VLAN IDs.
  3. Check the VLAN IDs exist on the L2 and L3 switches, they are trunked and they are allowed on the AP switchport. (This should be the case)

JasonGorman1808
Level 1
Level 1

Odd thing is that the SSID broadcasts after I remove it from WebAuth.  Not sure what's going on.

- An SSID is only attached to the corresponding WLAN ,

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

JasonGorman1808
Level 1
Level 1

The only thing I changed was the unchecking of "Web Policy" then the SSID started broadcasting.  I can leave as is with a PSK until we get our Clearpass instance running, but thought that was odd.

JasonGorman1808_0-1726257005353.png

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card