cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has any one work with Innerwireless using Cisco LWAPP solution

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I was wondering if anyone has worked with Innerwireless with Cisco LWAPP solution. I want to know if there are any drawback to using innerwireless instead of the normal AP design. Critical applications will be used on this wireless system which will be installed in a hospital.

Let me know what you think... never worked with Innerwireless and there is no doc on Cisco's site on design of any configuration guide.

Thanks!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
3 Replies 3

dennischolmes
Level 7
Level 7

HUGE ISSUES!!!!! RFID and location services are out the door if you use innerwireless as the leaky coax is only seen as one big wonkin antenna. The only supported DAS at this time that I know of is from Mobile Access. The only advantage Mobile Access gives you over traditional antenna configurations is the ability to multiplex cell phone, pager, and other similar signals throughout the entire array using one set of antennae.

I hear you but my client has purchased a whole bunch of Cisco gear (LWAPP) and decided to use Interwireless since they have partnered with Cisco as stated on some of their install history. The funny part is that it also includes location and voice. I was hoping someone would post some positive stuff, but I guess not. Thanks!

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Sorry. There is no real upside here. Innerwireless will support voice as the entire floor of a building can be covered with one AP but you can not do location services unless you install a location services sensor, a third party ckoke point, or are willing to accept closest AP, which unfortunately is the whole floor. Yes, they partnered with Cisco, but who wouldn't. Again, sorry for the bad news.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card