Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with ANT2440-NV-R

Please forgive the simpleness of this question, but I'm out of my league here.

I have a ANT2440 unit that I would like to use at home (it was given to me) --- however, it has a type of connector that I don't know what to do with. TNC I believe.  

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/antenna/installation/guide/ant2440nv.html

All this has under cable is this USELESS information:

Suggested Cable

Cisco recommends a high-quality, low-loss cable for use with the antenna.

Note Coaxial  cable loses efficiency as the frequency increases, resulting in signal  loss. The cable should be kept as short as possible because cable length  also determines the amount of signal loss (the longer the run, the  greater the loss).

ANYWAY:

All I want to do is figure a way to use this at the back of my property.  I have **no idea** how to connect this to my network.  I currently use one of those "power ethernet adapter" style plugs which can extend the cable use for the yard and it works fine, but I need wireless.  I was thinking that I can bring my newwork signal to the device using this method... so essentially I will have an ethernet port that is live that I can use. 

HELP!  I want to make this work if possible, don't mind spending a few dollars.

PLEASE DUMB DOWN YOUR ANSWER.  I'M DUMMER THAN YOU THINK!  (YES, DUMMER WAS ON PURPOSE!)

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card