cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help with Cisco 1242ag Password reset

davebullen
Level 1
Level 1

I just purchased a used 1242AG which is running Version 12.4(13d)JA.

I tried the mode button on power on holding for  2-3 seconds, but nothing happens and Cisco/Cisco login does not work.

I have figured out if I hold the mode button in for 30 seconds while powering up I get an AP prompt

I tried doing a dir flash but get permission denied.

Is their any commands I can run at AP prompt to attempt to reflash this unit or reset password somehow?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok.. the AP is in AP: prompt is it? if so.. please follow the below document which i wrote just hours back.. lemme know if this helps or ping back and we will help you out!!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14636

lemme know if this answered your question..

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ok.. the AP is in AP: prompt is it? if so.. please follow the below document which i wrote just hours back.. lemme know if this helps or ping back and we will help you out!!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14636

Regards
Surendra
====
Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Perfect thanks. I will try tonight when I get home.

What firmware version should I reload to the device?

Just looking now on cisco's site and I don't appear to have access to the latest 3-4 versions, so looks like I May have to download an older version and put on.

Hi Dave,

Here is the link which may help you in downloading the latest image..

http://www.cisco.com/cisco/software/release.html?mdfid=280237322&flowid=7588&softwareid=280805680&release=12.4.25d-JA&rellifecycle=ED&relind=AVAILABLE&reltype=latest

Go for the latest 12.4(25d)JA.

Lemme know if this answered your question, if so please mark it as answered which wil help others!!

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

When I click download I get the following error:

To Download this software, you must have a valid Technical Support Services Agreement associated to your Cisco.com user ID.

• If you do not have a Technical Support Services Agreement you can get one through:

Your Cisco Account Team if you have a direct purchase agreement with Cisco

Your Cisco Partner or Reseller

The only firmware versions I get this on are ones older then the previous 3-4 releases.

Hmmm.. ok.. then there is 2 options now..

Option 1>> We need to download the older image.

Option 2>> Since you purchased the AP today, this will be under warranty i guess.. so u can open up a TAC case with us and we can help you in getting the image published.

Regards
Surendra
====

Regards
Surendra BG

Procedure worked like a charm, was able to successfully reload 12.4-3g.JA1 and login to device with default pw of Cisco.

Thanks again!

Hi Dave,

Thats nice to hear!! Thanks for using CSC.. looking forward to see more posts..

have a great day!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card