cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can i download ios form a lightweight AP?

flowaycco
Level 1
Level 1

Hi:

How can i download LAP'S ios form a lightweight AP or WLC?

My WLC is 7.0,the relevant LAP's version is 124-23c,but there is no 124-23c for download in download page,so when i upgrade ap to LAP,i must download ios use upgrade tool once time,and download form WLC once more.But i need upgrade across WAN link,so i want upgrade ap direct to 124-23c.how can i do this?

thanks very much

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS for an LWAP comes in two flavours.

1.  Out-from-a-box, the LWAP will run an IOS with the "rcv" prefix in it's filename.  It's called the recovery or "lite" IOS.

2.  Once the LWAP successfully joins a WLC/WiSM, the WLC/WiSM will "inject" the built-in IOS from the WLC/WiSM to the LWAP.

For short, you can't download the "full" LWAP image of the LWAP because this is built-in inside the WLC/WiSM firmware.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The IOS for an LWAP comes in two flavours.

1.  Out-from-a-box, the LWAP will run an IOS with the "rcv" prefix in it's filename.  It's called the recovery or "lite" IOS.

2.  Once the LWAP successfully joins a WLC/WiSM, the WLC/WiSM will "inject" the built-in IOS from the WLC/WiSM to the LWAP.

For short, you can't download the "full" LWAP image of the LWAP because this is built-in inside the WLC/WiSM firmware.

Get it,thank you very much.

Please don't forget to rate our useful posts.  Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card