cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How disruptive is 'redundancy force-switchover'?

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

We have a pair of WLC 5520s in an active/standby configuration. Both are up, but it looks like there was a failover to the secondary at some point. If I do a 'redundancy force-switchover' on the secondary, how disruptive will this be to our wireless users? We have around 1260 APs.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

HA Switch over not distruptive  as long it configured correctly.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

spfister336
Level 2
Level 2

Anything I should check for before doing it? I'll probably do it after business hours.

- If there was a failover to the secondary then the reason should probably be known and or the the health-state of the (previous) primary should be inspected , look for crash-logs (e.g.). But in normal circumstances there is no impact and it is even safe to do in business hours.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Make sure HA is Health before failover - no obnormal logs and fail over.

yes it is always advise to do in maintenance window for safe and good approach to cover yourself.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If the failover state is healthy (and assuming you haven't changed anything in the networking setup on the switch side since setup and testing) then there is no interruption at all when switching over at least for data transfers. Never tested if voice calls have a jitter when doing it. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card