cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i properly disable 2.4Gig on a WLC running 17.3.3?

I have turned off configuration -> Radio Configurations -> 2.4 GHZ Network Status [unchecked], 802.11g[unchecked]

But i am still getting Client Serving 2.4Ghz Radio's.   I want them all to be 5Ghz?   

please help, 

s.Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 3.24.04 PM.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I fixed it my self.  Tac didn't help.   I had to disable the radio and then assign it manually to 5gig.  then bring it back up and reenable it.  It s a bug not sure why 3/4 of them did what they were supposed to.   17.3.3 is such a down grade from the old software.  Im angry. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I may be reading wrong, they show as down, right? where do you see 2.4Gh up and clients?

If you made the change recently, wait for the data to populate for some time to see the outcome.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

They are down, but These should be dual mode radio's and should be as I see it switched over to 5Gig.  I should have no radio's down. 

Whats the AP model you have?

Do you have FRA enabled or manually converting XOR radio to 5GHz?

AIR-AP2802I-B-K9, 

I had FRA enabled and disabled it when i disabled my 2.4gig network. 

I have turned off configuration -> Radio Configurations -> 2.4 GHZ Network Status [unchecked], 802.11g[unchecked]

How do i manually convert? 

Hi If you have FRA enabled, AP will convert the XOR radio 2.4 automatically given the environment demands it.

My advise would be to manually configure all the AP XOR radio to be in 5Ghz, Command as below

9800-CL-LAB#ap name Test-1 dot11 dual-band band 5ghz

You can take an output for show AP summary then grab the AP name and create a script. 

I turned off 2.4gig 5 days ago. They are down.   They need to be up and operating in the 5 gig spectrum.  I have 504 ap's in our constellation.   As of right now we have 778 radio's operating in the 5gig spectrum.   We have 221 operating in the 2.4gig spectrum(2.4 gig is disabled) they are down but they should be 5 Gig radios.   I should see 504 radio's up and 1008 Radio's client serving 5gig radio's. 

I want to see all my ap's in dual radio mode utilizing the 5gig spectrum.    

I used this command to enable dual radio mode but it didnt work. 

ap name ap-name dot11 5ghz slot 1 dual-radio mode enable

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

Login to WLC, Click on : Configuration> Radio Configurations> Network

Then click on 2.4 GHz band and uncheck the Box "2.4 GHz Network Status"

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Already done.   Any other suggestions? 

I fixed it my self.  Tac didn't help.   I had to disable the radio and then assign it manually to 5gig.  then bring it back up and reenable it.  It s a bug not sure why 3/4 of them did what they were supposed to.   17.3.3 is such a down grade from the old software.  Im angry. 

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card