cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do we obtain roam history of clients of Flex mode APs?

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts

I am not able to find the roam history for wireless clients that are associated on flex mode APs.

Is there a way out?

Roam History of flex connect client.png

6 Replies 6

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Do you have Prime Infrastructure and are you looking at that or maybe running a report?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks Scott for the response.

This is required basically for writing the NRFU testcases. Not sure why the roam history for clients connected through flex mode APs are not listed out though. Is it the known limitation with code?

However thanks for giving an idea for Cisco prime, the details obtained from prime are really appreciable. 

Wireless client roam history prime.png

Hi, 

I could not see the roam history even for the local mode APs on WLC console. Currently running on 8.3.133.0.

L2 roam history.PNG

Is there some bug that we are hitting or some additional consideration to be taken to make sure we have the roam history reflected?

That hasn’t worked in a while. If you have Prime Infrastructure, you would be able to see the roam history.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Is it FlexConnect Central Switch or Local Switch. If it is "central switching" WLC should have client associate AP info always & be able to view it using prime.

I do not think that command output is reliable way of getting that info as controller may not keep user data for longer period of time in its database if client roamed.

HTH

Rasika

Thanks Rasika for the response.

//Is it FlexConnect Central Switch or Local Switch. If it is "central switching" WLC should have client associate AP info always & be able to view it using prime.//

It is for the local mode APs (Central switch and central authenticated). 

//I do not think that command output is reliable way of getting that info as controller may not keep user data for longer period of time in its database if client roamed.//

This is for the condition where in clients are roaming between the APs registered with the same controller. Ideally the WLC should be having this info in its database. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card