cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How do you download maps from DNA-C to be used in DNA Spaces ?

Im setting up DNA Spaces and previously we have just used CMX tethering or used the exported maps from Prime.

But at this customer we have moved to DNA-C and there is a option in DNA Spaces to "Upload your maps which you have downloaded from DNAC" - But where do I download maps from DNAC ? - I cant seem to find that option in there. Or is this the "Spaces" part being "ahead of schedule" and that feature will is not available in DNAC yet ?

Do I have to use the API tester for downloading maps from DNAC ?

Im looking for guidance here

/Thomas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

10 Replies 10

Im just writing a bit here about the "Journey".

Sure, you can export a map by going into each floor and export each one separately (ha ha .. thats very funny).

But I think this might do the trick in the API tester : 

POST /dna-maps-service/archives/export/{domainGroupUuid} This method is used to export map archive for specified domain GroupUuid

When using the above "API" service, the DNA-C works for some time, and outputs this (see attached image). 

Now .. where would it actually (in what folder) put that ImportExport File .... hmmmm .... 

Surely the response body is the file - in other words you've downloaded the file?

Yep ... Im sure thats right .. but should I just "copy paste" all that into a txt file and name it tar.gz ?

In the extra output below there is a filename, but no reference to where it might be, it was my guess that it would be somewhere(tm) on the DNA-C.

Any suggestions ? or is there any other way to download the structure, maps and AP placements ?

DNA Spaces developers seems to think there is :-)

That .tar.gz filename in the header is what a web browser would prompt you to save the file as but I don't know what tool you're using to make that API call and display the response. You could use curl or wget to write that output to the file, otherwise whatever tool you're using should be able to do that. And it's a binary file not text so copy/paste in a text file will produce a corrupt file. If you want to copy paste it will have to be into a hex editor (but that's going to be error prone) so rather just download to file directly.

Im not using a "tool". Just my browser and https://<dnac-IP>/dna/apitester thats the best tool I found so far (also for cleaning up a lot of those strange faults you get when you fx. try to do Prime -> DNA-C co-existence ....).

Any suggestions ?

Like I said above for downloading try wget or curl. There are probably others but those are the command line tools I use for that kind of thing although I've never worked with DNA-C myself.

I got a special script from Cisco rep to do it.

But that made us think: Omg .. we need to do this every single time we change someting.

This basically has made us give up on DNA Spaces.

Ok .. let me rephrase ... 

Give up on it for now :-)

I have high hopes for DNA-C 2.x.x.x when we will actually start to get data from DNA Spaces back into DNA-C (so it will feel more like CMX, I guess).

But they really need to work on either the sync, OR, make it easy to download maps (like on Prime), so end users like customers can actually do it themselves.

PS: Ill accept : "LOL" as THE solution :-)

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card