Views
Helpful
Replies

How many clients can be connected to cisco aironet1040 AP

waelkdouh
Level 1
Level 1

Good day ,

Ive been having some problems with the cisco ap lately, i have ~ 25 employees which are connected to the AP . I have a 2mb dl and 2mb ul microwave lease line.

The AP disconnects ever couple of hours for a minute or so,any idea what might be the problem ?

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
The AP disconnects ever couple of hours for a minute or so,any idea what might be the problem ?

What do you mean by this?  When the disconnection occurs, does it affect ALL the clients?  How many WAPs are there?

yes, the disconnection occurs and effect all clients. I have 3 access points,each set on its own channel and placed ~ 40 feet apart from each other.

Another question, Is a dedicated 2mb dl/ul connection sufficient to support ~30 clients? Users use youtube and dl and ul  ~ 10 mb excel sheets approx. 10 times everyday.

Thanks

Another question, Is a dedicated 2mb dl/ul connection sufficient to support ~30 clients? Users use youtube and dl and ul  ~ 10 mb excel sheets approx. 10 times everyday.

I'm not ruling that out but I'm not ruling that in either.  It's got nothing to do with the size of your link.

Have you consoled/telnet into the WAP when the disconnection occurs and posted a "sh log"?  Better yet, please post the output to the following commands:

1.  sh version;

2.  dir

3.  sh log

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card