Views
Helpful
Replies

how to bring up wired0 on Cisco AIR-AP3802I-A-K9

PaulK2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

This is an access point that we purchased some time ago, but only recently started to use it.  We had it successfully configured and were using it for a few days until it needed to relocate.  After relocation, the wifi did not work so we did the factory reset and since then wired0 interface is always in down status when it boots. 

We need to mention ... that we could not find the poe adapter so we connected it to a poe switch that is supposed to be 802.3at compliant.  Wondering if inline power may cause the wired0 to go down

When the cisco access point boots up, wired0 interface is always in down status

AP3802#show ip int br
Interface            IP-Address      Method   Status                 Protocol   Speed      Duplex
wired0               unassigned      unset    down                   up         n/a        n/a
wired1               unassigned      unset    down                   down       n/a        n/a
auxiliary-client     unassigned      unset    up                     up         n/a        n/a
wifi0                n/a             n/a      up                     up         n/a        n/a
wifi1                n/a             n/a      up                     up         n/a        n/a

the interface has a static ip address as below, but we are not able to reach it since wired0 is in down status

(Cisco Controller) >show interface summary

Number of Interfaces.......................... 2

Interface Name                   Port Vlan Id  IP Address      Type    Ap Mgr Guest
-------------------------------- ---- -------- --------------- ------- ------ -----
management                       1    untagged 192.168.2.8     Static  Yes    N/A
virtual                          N/A  N/A      192.0.2.1       Static  No     N/A

We are using the mobility express version below:

AP Running Image     : 8.10.151.0
Primary Boot Image   : 8.10.151.0
Backup Boot Image    : 0.0.0.0
Primary Boot Image Hash:
Backup  Boot Image Hash:
AP Image type    : MOBILITY EXPRESS IMAGE
AP Configuration : MOBILITY EXPRESS CAPABLE
1 Multigigabit Ethernet interfaces
1 Gigabit Ethernet interfaces
2 802.11 Radios
Radio Driver version : 9.0.5.5-W8964
Radio FW version : 9.1.8.1
NSS FW version : 2.4.28

Does anyone know how to manually bring up the wired0 interface?  and know of any reason why wired0 is always in down status?  Yesterday, it got an IP address from our DHCP server and we are able to ping the management interface, but after a while (in several minutes), it stops working.  it appears the wired0 goes down after a while. The access point LED light cycles red and green.  Now, whenever we restart, wired0 is always in down status.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

4 Replies 4

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

@PaulK2020 wrote:

This is an access point that we purchased some time ago, but only recently started to use it. 

Please take the time to read this:  FN - 70143 - Some 3802 Wireless Access Points Might Be Unable to Connect to the Wired Network 

Thank you, Leo, for the response.

I took the time to read over the suggested link and checked the serial number using cisco's serial number verification tool, but the result came back as "Not Affected" for that field notice.

We did use the device for a few days which means wired0 was up before.  I plan to do another factory reset and try again.  I will post again if we get any different results.

I would appreciate any other suggestions that we can explore

thanks

Paul

Can you post the full boot up log from the serial port?

If you check the switch, does the AP get the full 30W?

PaulK2020
Level 1
Level 1

I do have an update on this problem.

We tried a few options and one of those was changing the ethernet cable.  It is now working.

Sorry about the confusion and thank you to those who responded.

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card