cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change operational status of a WLC-connected AP?

Hello everybody.

I'm noticing two of my 30+ APs having the 802.11a radio with "Operational Status = DOWN". The Admin Status is ENABLED, but I don't know where to act to put the op. stat. UP!

WLC is running 7.5.102.0, as well as the APs. The affected ones are 3502 models.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio.

21 Replies 21

Hy Leo...

"802.11b network is currently enabled. 802.11a network is currently enabled. 802.11a and 802.11b networks must be disabled to set country code."

Above is the statement of my WLC when applying the change... I'm not eager doing this on a productive environment!

F.

Above is the statement of my WLC when applying the change... I'm not eager doing this on a productive environment!

Do it after office hours. 

Forgot to tell you one thing:  I have about a dozen of APs that have the wrong regulatory domain ("-A" instead of "-N").  They are currently joined to the WiSM-2 but their 802.11a radios are disabled. 

Hello Leo.

You know what? I managed to somehow get it to work:

set channel assignment to "custom" on 40 MHz and clicked OK. The A-Radios went up, thus I set "channel assignment" back to "global" and now it runs flawlessly...

Any explanation to this?

Regards,

Flavio.

Hallo Flavio,

Agree with LEO....

Running multiple country codes in a single WLC is a bad idea. Only common channels will be allowed.  Power will also be curtailed to the most common one. every AP with a different country code have different permissible level of power and a regulatory authority board monitors these.

One thing to remember when running multiple country codes is that you always run the lowest common setting. You could improve things by splitting the APs up by country and only run specific countries on certain controllers

Regards

Another thing Flavio.  You are NOT the first to make this mistake.  And you won't be the last either.   And all of us offer the same recommendation: 

1.  Get another WLC and bunch all the same regulatory domain together; or

2.  Run the APs in autonomous

Also Check this:

wireless-- radios-- configure--- admin status

If you are using Power injector then :

selected the Power injecters setting on AP

Wireless>ALL APs then click on AP name , go to Advanced, clcik on Power injector state box. and then reboot the AP.

Regards

pheidema
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure this will help, but when I upgraded to 7.6.110.0 one of my AP's (1602E) would show the two Radios "Operational Status" as "Down" until I did a "Clear All Config" on that AP.  I reset and pulled PoE and nothing worked until I did a "Clear All Config". 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card