Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to collect log information of WLC and AP on PI

Hello, everyone:
How to collect log information of WLC and AP on PI, whether there is document guidance or how to operate

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !
6 Replies 6

Hi,

PI is all about collecting logs from WLC and APs. It depends on which logs do you need and where do you want to see those logs. 

You can send logs to a thirty part system by using north bound interface, or even send by email or collecting those logs on the Prime directory.

If you give a bit more detail I can help you.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

I just wanted to know how to get log information from the PI to the WLC and AP. For example, can I find these log messages in one of the PI's directories? Because I have two access points automatically restarted, just my wireless controller is upgraded, so can not log to the access point log information, want to find out from the PI wireless controller and access point log information. Can you help me?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rps-Cheers | If it solves your problem, please mark as answer. Thanks !

Logs on Prime directory are stored in /opt/CSCOlumos/logs.

But you can also see this longs on the web interface in Monitor page.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Hi All.

I got this situation that I have over 100 AP-s connected to a CISCO WLC and i need to update the OS and collect the logs (show uptime, version, etc etc...)

Can someone please kindly direct me to the function/feature on how to do that with the controller in one go instead of consoling into every single AP ?

I can't find out how to add / run a specific series of "show" commands from the WLC that all the AP-s would receive and to save the output on the WLC.

You can also use the debug command which will redirect the ap console to the the WLC session:

debug ap enable
debug ap command “

your command-cli command if you were consoled into the ap
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just to also add, typical there is no reason to try to gather all the information. Like what Leo mentioned, show ap uptime would be the command to run. With collecting info, show ap config general would provide more detailed info. You can just use a tool to grep the information you need if all the info you need is available from that command.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: