cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to locate a client and rogue ap on the floormap in wcs?

istvan.kelemen1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

As you can seen on the picture below, I have placed 2 AP's on the map.

I want the client and rogue APs to be shown live on the map.

Is it possible? I am using evaluation license and the wcs version is 7.0.240.0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Istevan if u want to view rogue APs u need an mse and u need to add it on wcs then u can see the rogue APs on the wcs map . u can download a virtual mse with evaluation license to test that . u can find couple of guides on csco.com for installing and configuring mse

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

WCS is way old. Cisco I don't think supports it anymore. As for your question only 1 rogue at a time. You would need a MSE to track more. 

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

thanks!

Can u please tell me how can I track either a  client or a rogue ap pls?

Istevan if u want to view rogue APs u need an mse and u need to add it on wcs then u can see the rogue APs on the wcs map . u can download a virtual mse with evaluation license to test that . u can find couple of guides on csco.com for installing and configuring mse

I have found some guides, but when I tried to download any version of vMSE, I faced to an error message... I was required to have a valid Cisco partnership.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card